Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Joining the Blog-wagon

There was a time in the '80s when owning Phantom, Tintin, Chandamama, Champak, Tinkle and Amar Chitra Katha comics was the in thing. It was a craze among me and my friends to own these comics. I don't know if kids today have this kind of a craze. I think they are more interested in collecting Pokemon, Power Puff Girls, Electronic gadgets and stuff. No worries. Let their breed prosper! Why I am telling this is because trends keep changing sooner than we think. Like with the start of many things, early bloggers did not have a name for what they were doing. While it took some time for the genre and the name to develop, blogging has been around since the begining of the internet. After a slow start, blogging rapidly gained in popularity: The site Xanga, launched in 1996, had only 100 diaries by 1997, and over 5,00,00,000 by December 2005. Some words have become so popular that as soon as you hear them you think about the blog that has been named after them and not what the word means literally. (Eg: Churumuri, Common Man or Hallucinations, to name a few). And it is not just the name. I rate these blogs as some of the best I have read. When I was first told "People would like to read your experiences, why don't you start a blog?", I didn't really take it seriously. I kept reading various blogs (I still do). I really like the way some of the bloggers share their thoughts in such fantastic style. You can really feel the flow in their thoughts. I feel one essential ingredient to blog is experience. If you have a blog, hopefully you’ve got experience in whichever topic you’re choosing to blog about. So here I am, joining the Blog-wagon, on the 151st day of 2006. This is for all the people who have been saying I ought to have a blog.

6 Comments:

Blogger Shruthi said...

Welcome, Bellur! :)
Thank you for the kind words!! I am sure your blog will be an interesting one too :)

5/31/2006 11:58:00 AM  
Blogger Srik said...

Hey Shruti,
I thought Im the first to welcome BR oops RK. Anyways, let me enjoy the honour of writing the second comment ever on his blog space.
RK, welcome to this wonderful world of blogging. Hope to see the "Rambling with Bellur" added alongside "Hallucinations" or "a common man"...

Rest in next.

5/31/2006 12:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey this is really cool Bellur! You've already been writing a lot and I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your comments... here's a comprehensive listing if you'd like to extend any of them as a post of your own here:
All comments by Ramakrishna

I'll soon add this site to my blogroll.

btw didn't see you in the grounds today :-P Play frisbee and write about it...

5/31/2006 01:48:00 PM  
Blogger RK said...

Shruthi: Thanks and do keep visiting.

Srik: So you read that BR space ....comment is it? haha. Thanks for the welcome.

Sanjay: Thank you. I may put all those commnets list in a futre post. And I couldn't come today to play as my son was in his elements! will see you tommorrow.

5/31/2006 01:57:00 PM  
Blogger Sharu said...

Kewl. RK is rolling. Keep the pace buddy

5/31/2006 06:21:00 PM  
Blogger RK said...

sharu: thanks. hope to keep a consistent pace (with a good line and length).

6/01/2006 09:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home